Monday 31 January 2022

Monday work.

I got up at 5.40 and put on a load of washing before making a pot of tea, cooking 2 eggs and having my breakfast. I packed my work snack, cherry tomatoes and cheese with a bottle of water. I sorted my work bag and checked I had gloves, socks ect. and got ready to go to work. I was sent straight to carrots and had to do 84 bunches. I had done 48 before the men turned up plus a box of loose ones. On the way back to the yard we had to trim a box of celeriac plus 13 pieces. When we got to the yard we had to wash the carrots and celeriac so the boss could go out on his deliveries. We had our break and then we were all back up the field in freezing gale force winds. we harvested a box of kale, a box of parsnips and then spent the rest of the morning on leeks. When I got home H made me a coffee and I had a banana. I made son a salad for his lunch and relaxed with my book till tipping point. When it was over I had a bath and cooked dinner. Cottage pie with cabbage and broccoli. yesterday son beat me at crib 2-0 so even though he was leaving straight after dinner tonight we had to play again to see who was the overall champ for the weekend and it was me!!! iI won 2-1. I have to work again on Wednesday. My face is red and burning as if I have been in the sun too long but it was thad dreadful wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment