Tuesday 4 January 2022

Tuesday (damp and cold)

I got up at 5.15, put on a load of washing and cooked my eggs for breakfast. I had a mug of tea and packed my cheese and tomato with a bottle of water. I sat and watched tv till the washing was done. I put it all straight into the tumble drier because it was raining and the forecast wasnt good. Next I washed and dressed and got ready to go to work. I drove in very carefully, trying to mind all the big puddles because H cleaned the car yesterday and it is looking nice for when he takes it for its M O T this week.I had to pick 96 bunches of carrots and then join the men who were picking loose carrots. We went to the shed for our lunch and afterwards the men dropped me off back at the carrots to carry on picking loose ones. We aere weighing them in 20 kilo sacks and we had to have 25 sacks! Thats a heck of a lot of carrots to be hand picked! When I left off we had 21 so the men had just 4 more to do after I left off. When I got home H made me a coffee and told me that he had mended my bike. It was the cable that had broken and he put me on a new one. We watched tipping point, had our baths and then dinner. It was easy for me tonight because it was yestredays leftovers. I popped it in the oven before I went up for my bath and when I came down it was bubbling away, piping hot. This afternoon the postman delivered H's bike motor so I will soon be struggling to keep up. I hope it all goes well because it will be great for him to still be able to cycle without straining his heart. I have to work again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment