Sunday 30 January 2022

Sunday

I didnt get up till 8 oclock, very late for me! I had eggs and a cup of tea for breakfast. We had a coffee and I read my book till son came down. H and I were going out on our bikes but after yesterdays ride he was up all night coughing. As today is colder I didnt think breathing it in would do him any good so I said I would go on my own. I was riding along the track and saw a couple riding towards me, making hand signals for me to stop. I thought perhaps they were going to say there was a tree down ahead after yesterdays wind or something but when I stopped it turned out to be my daughter and her husband! What a nice suprise!He really wanted to go but I think he was relived that he didnt have to. I got ready and went.Son didnt want to go with me because he was going climbing this afternoon. I did 19 and a bit miles, I have only done just over 260 miles this month, last year I rode over 400 miles in January.When I got home I made us a coffee and fixed son a salad. After lunch he went off to the climbing centreand was there till it closed at 6 oclock. H and I had a glass of wine and later a cup of tea. We had our baths and I cooked dinner. It was duck with leeks, carrots, cabbage and gravy. Last night son and I played cribbage and I won 2 games to 1. I also beat H at scrabble (which is very rare) so I am on a roll. tomorrow I am at work

No comments:

Post a Comment