Wednesday 19 January 2022

Wednesday work.

I got up at 5.35, put on a load of washing and had 2 fried eggs for breakfast with a pint mug of tea. I packed a slice of cheese and a tomato with my bottle of water, dressed and got ready to go to work. I hung out the washing before I left. When I got to work all the trees in front of where I park my car had been cut down! ( the boss has a wood burner) It looked so different. I had to go to carrots. Addy joined me after he had cut the cauliflowers, Andrew was out gardening. We had to have 144 bunches and a box of loose ones. It took us till 10.15! In the summer we could each pick up to 90 bunches an hour but the work is so much harder in the winter when the soil is stuck fast to the carrots and the tops are so weak they keep falling off. After break I had to walk to leeks and trim them till home time, just getting a box of celeriac. Once again Andy had joined me but only for the last 10 minuites. When I left off the boss said he doesnt need me any more till Monday, bonus. When I got home H made me a coffee and we had a hot mince pie with brandy butter. I started a new book and read the first two chapters. We watched tipping point, had our baths and then dinner. It was yesterdays left over chicken stew so easy for me. I got my washing in and have hung it on the airer because its not too bad. I had a message from our daughter asking if we would be home tomorrow, yes,so i had a second text saying 'they' will pop round tomorrow afternoon. They, will be daughter, one or two granddaughters, our great granddaughter and our great grandson who we have only seen once. I am so looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment