Wednesday 5 January 2022

Wednesday . Cold.

I got up at 5.25 and put on a load if washing. I had my breakfast and packed my work snack. As it was only 2 degrees I thought I had better take a flask, otherwise the men all moan at me. When the washing was done I hung it out and then got ready and went to work. We all had to trim leeks till coffee break, just stopping on the way to trim a box of turnips. The leeks were hard to pull up because the top of the soil was frozen. The ice on the puddles was quite thick and it was so cold on our fingers and toes.We did 14 boxes of leeks, had our break and then washed them all. Next I was sent to pick 144 bunches of carrots. I had done just over half when the men joined me. We went back to the yard and loaded the van for the boss, washed some of the carrots and the men went off for their dinner. I just had to pack 6 by 10 kilo boxes of leeks and it was my home time. The boss said I domtbhave to go again till Monday so a nice long weekend.When I got home H made me a coffee. He had been working on his bike this morning and has fitted the motor into the hub but is waiting for a new chain before he can carry on. We watched tipping point, had our baths and then dinner. Sausages,bacon, grilled tomatoes, fried potato and eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment