Wednesday 1 December 2021

Thursday

I got up at 5,25 puton a load of washing and had my eggs and tea. I packed my snack, cheese with cucumber for a change. As soon as my washing was done I put it into the trier because it was raining. I relaxed for 10 minutes before getting ready for work. We all went up the field together, Andrew to pick loose carrots and Andy and I to do bunched carrots. We had to go back to the yard at 9.30 so we could wash and pack stuff for the boss to deliver. We had 186bunches of carrots and 7 boxes of loose ones. We had our break and then after which Andrew was sent out on a gardening job, I was sent to pick 40 bunches of beetroot and Andy was sent to cut cabbages. My fingers were so cold I struggled to tie the beetroot string! When I finished I joined Andy who had finished cutting cabbages and was picking sprouting broccoli. We did 5 boxes and then we had to dig up a box of parsnips, pick 3 boxes of curly kale, 6 boxes of black kale and 2 boxes of leeks. On the way down we picked up the beetroot and dug up and trimmed a box of celeriac. We just had time to wash the beetroot before it was my home time. When I got home H made me a coffee and I had a mince pie and a banana. I read my book this afternoon, watched tipping point, had a bath and cooked dinner. We had chicken and chips with peas and mushrooms. I have tomorrow off and H says I must have a lie in in the morning so I will try my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment