Friday 3 December 2021

The mundane life of an 83 year old!!

Today is my birthday but I still had to go to work so I got up at 5.30 as usual, put on a load of washing and had my eggs for breakfast. I packed my tomato, cheese and water, relaxed till 7 when I got ready to go to work. It was horrible! 1 degree with drizzle.I had to pick 50 bunches of beetroot, it was so hard to tie up the string because my fingers were numb with cold. I had to trim leeks next and got stuck in the mud all the time! The men took me to the yard for break and then I had to walk back to the leeks again.I was so glad when it was time to go home. I went to the butchers on the way home. I just got home when our daughter in law came round with my birthday card and present.S he had a cup of tea and I had a coffee and we had a nice chat. As she left our daughter and son in law turned up with more gifts and presents, some from our other granddaughter and great grandchrildren and of course our daughters gifts. Everything is lovely and I am so lucky.When they left I had a bath and I am finally warm. We had a lasagna for dinner and now I am watching my soaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment