Wednesday 8 December 2021

Wednesday work

I got up at 5.45, put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I had cheese and cucumber for a change for my break and also took a flask of bovril. When the washing was done I put it straight into the tumble drier because I knew there could be no dry outside today. When I got to work I had to go with Andy and we had to dig up and bunch 180 bunches of carrots. we also had time to pick 3 boxes of loose carrots. After break I had to walk to beetroot, cut up my string for 40 bunches.Next it was leeks and Andy joined me. It was dreadful, the ground was so sticky we struggled to move our feet. Andy who is heavier than me kept sinking in really deep and almost losing his wellies. The wind was so strong and we were both freezing all morning. Thank goodness I dont have to go tomorrow. When I got home H made me a coffee. He then asked when I had to work again. I said Friday, his face broke into a smile, he gragged my hands and danced me round the kitched saying yippee! I didnt have a clue what was going on so I said why are you so happy this week when its just like any other week. It turned out that he thought today was Monday and he thought I had got tuesday, wednesday and thursday off! What a plonker! We watched tipping point, had our baths and dinner, chicken pie and veg.

No comments:

Post a Comment