Thursday 2 December 2021

Thursday wet, windy, snow, sun and hail!

I got up at 5.40. I had been awake for over an hour but H had told me to have a lay in and I was hoping to go back to sleep but in the end I gave up. I had eggs and tea for breakfast but not till I had weighed myself. I am 134.0 lbs. Its the same as I was when I last weighed myself 3 weeks ago so I was pleased. After H was up and had eaten his breakfast I stacked the dirty dishes and washed up the things that arent dishwasher safe. I swept and washed the kitchen floor, wiped all the worktops, window sills etc and took some spots off the carpet. Next I swept the toilet floor and washed it and cleaned the basin etc. It was the turn of the bathroom next and after that a well earned coffee. At 10.45 H was having a 'skype' spanish lesson so I popped to the garden centre for some Christmas cards. When I got home his lesson had just finished so we had another coffee. A little later our youngest granddaughter came round with a birthday present for me. She had bought me a bottle of wine and a beautiful boquet of flowers. This afternoon I made some flapjack,watched tipping point, had a shower and then we went to get a chineese takeaway for our tea. H bought it as a birthday treat a day early because I am going o the butchers tomorrow and having our favourite lasagna for tea. .It was very tasty, I had a prawn cocktail starter and I have never seen so many prawns in one ever before. H had a rice dish and I had a noodles dish, also prawn crackers.I am truly stuffed. Tomorrow I have to work even though its my birthday! but it will be the last one I have to work on as next year I am being forced into retirement! As I will be 83 tomorrow I suppose I shouldnt complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment