Tuesday 21 December 2021

Tuesday( Christmas starts here)

I got up at 5.25, made a pot of tea and cooked my eggs for breakfast. I packed a snack for work and made a flask of bovril so I could have a hot drink as the temperature was only 2 degrees when I got up. However the car wasnt frosted so that was a bonus. When I got to work the boss gave me my wages and said he wouldnt need me tomorrow! What a bonus. I had to pick 30 bunches of beetroot and then trim leeks.The men joined me on leeks and we went down at 9.30 so we could wash everything and the boss could go delivering.We had our break and then I had to pick 96 bunches of carrots. Once again the men joined men joined me. After they were done we did 4 boxes of loose carrots and went to leeks, we did 6 boxes and moved to celeriac and trimmed 2 boxes of that. We went back to the yard and Ijust had time to lay the beetroot and carrots on the rack ready for washing.I went to the shed to take off my wellies etc and my bosses wife had left me a christmas gift. A bottle of pink fizz, some roasted mixed nuts, chocolates and M and S mixed chocolate biscuits. How lucky am I. When I got home I told H Idont have to go again till tommorow week he went into the kitchen and made a saucepan of mulled wine which was lovely. I am not usually keen on it but it was the best. For dinner we had steak, mushrooms, cheesy tomatoes and potato wedges, a magnum for pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment