Friday 10 December 2021

Friday work.

I got up at 5 because I needed the loo and dare not go back to bed in case I overslept. I put yesterdays washing into the tumble drier and had eggs for breakfast. I packed my snack, cucumber, cheese and a bottle of water. I got told off at work because I hadnt brought a hot drink.It was really cold out in the middle of the field in the wind, I had to get 30 bunches of beetroot and my fingers were so cold i struggled to tie the string. Last night the boss had another half inch of rain, all our fields are already saturated so this time it just flooded. I had to paddle from my car on the car park to the shed and the water came right over my shoes, i took my wet socks off put on my spare pair before my wellies. After beetroot I had to trim leeks and Andy joined me, it was slow work because every step we took we got stuck in the mud, it made it very tiring work.We trimmed 6 boxes to make sure we had enough and it was 10. 10 so we had our break. The boss said it was too bad to go back to leeks so after we had washed the beetroot and carrots we went to thr greenhouse and pulled up the tomato plants and any weed that was in there which took till my home time. Iwas so glad to be home in the warm. H made me a coffee, I finished writing all my Christmas cards. I will post them tomorrow. We had 'breakfast'for dinner tonight, fried tomatoes, bacon, eggs and fried bread. It was so yummy, its years since I had fried bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment