Monday 13 December 2021

Monday

I got up at 5.15, put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I packed my cheese, cucumberand water and sorted my socks and gloves etc. I read my book for half an hour and at 7.15 I got ready to go to work. I had to pick 60 bunches of carrots, 12 bunches of beetroot and then trim leeks. Andrew was out gardening but Andy was at work and was cutting cabbages and purple sprouting broccoli. When he was done he came and picked me up and we went back to the yard and washed and packed the carrots and beetroot so the boss could go delivering. We had our break and I had to walk back to the leeks. Andrew finished his gardening job and came back to join us. As he was coming back to the yard in the van and it just died, he was so lucky because he managed to cruise into the yard before it stopped, then they all had to push it out of the way. So now we just have the smaller van. The men joined me on leeks when they had dug up 2 boxes of parsnips and a box of loose carrots. I had to walk back and pick 2 more bunches of beetroot. We trimmed loads of leeks and on the way down we had to stop for 2 celeriac. When I got home H made me a hot chocolate and I had a mince pie and a banana. I didnt do much this afternoon I am too tired. I made a pot of tea, we watched tipping point, had our baths and dinner. Fish, ( breadded cod ) with chips and mushy peas. I have work again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment