Thursday 1 October 2020

October already!

I got up at 5.47, made a pot of tea and had my breakfast. I packed my lunch, made the bed dressed and read my book till it was time to go to work. It was actually dry for my 5hours there. I had to pick10 bunches of beetroot and then Andy joined me, we did 40 bunches of golden beetroot, 54 bunches of purple carrots and 3 boxes of leeks. We had our coffee break and then I had to do 30 bunches of spring onions and then walk to the glass house and pick the rest of the tomatoes. I only had a few minuites left so I packed 5 sacks of leeks. An amazing thing happened this morning, we were picking the purple carrots and had been there for a few minuites when all of a sudden from rightbeside us an owl flew up from the ground. It must have been feeding on a vole ro something or it would have taken off as we arrived. Its unusual to see them during the day. It was beautiful and as it flew off it didnt make a sound. When I got home I had a coffee and a beetroot sandwich, we watched a cycle race and then tipping point. I had a bath and we had dinner. chicken curry. I dont have to work again till Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment