Wednesday 7 October 2020

Wednesday.

I got up at 5.30 and had green pepper and eggs for my breakfast with a mug of tea. I packed some cheese and tomatoes for my break at work and a bottle of water. As soon as it was light enough for me to see up the garden path I hung out yesterdays washing. I sat and watched tv till 7 then I went up to dress etc. ready for work. The boss sent me straight to carrots and wanted 12 dozen bunches, he said Andy would join me when he had loaded the trailer with boxes and crates to pack things in. I had done 24 bunches by the time he arrived. We did the rest and took them to the yard,I laid them all out on the racks for Andy to pressure wash. When he had done one side I turned them all over so he could do the other. We packed them all again ready to be delivered. We had our break and then I had to pick 70 bunches of beetroot, its a slow job because the leaves are beginning to turn autumn colours so I have to pull some off. when they were finished and packed up I picked 6 bunches of spring onions and helped Andy on sweet corn till it was my home time. I drove straight to our daughters when I left off to collect our weeks groceries, she is still looking well. When I got home H made me a coffee and we had a bowl of crisps. We watched the tour of Italy bike race then tipping point. I had a bath and cooked dinner, we had cornish pasties with broccoli, leeks, potatoes and a big dollop of brown sauce. I have to work again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment