Wednesday 21 October 2020

Very wet work day.

I got up at 5.32 and put on a load of washing. I had bell pepper and egg for breakfartand packed tomatoes, cheese, water and a banana for work and relaxed till 7 oclock. I made the bed, dressed and got ready to go to work. It was pouring with rain when I left and still doing it when I got home at 2 oclock. First I had to do 192 bunches of carrots which took me till 9.50. I went down and had my break in the shed in the dry.(I forgot ot eat my banana)! After break I had to pick 4 bunches of spring onions, 42 bunches of beetroot and then leeks till home time. When I left off and took off my jacket I was soaked through to the skin! I had to drive to our daughters first to collect our weekly shopping. She gave me a bottle of fizz, it is for our 61st wedding anniversary. We had it with our dinner and it was lovely. I have done nothing all afternoon I am too tired after trying to drag my feet out of the mud for 5 hours. I had to go through a nasty flood on my way home from our daughters it was pretty deep. For dinner we had fishcakes with jacket potatoes, leek, and a huge field mushroom my bosses wife picked for me. It was as big as a dinner plate and so tasty. I have to go again tomorrow so I hope its a bit drier.

No comments:

Post a Comment