Friday 16 October 2020

Friday

I got up at 5.30 put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I packed my snack for work and relaxed till it was time to leave. It was a bit easier to walk today, the field had firmed up a bit. I had to trim 6 boxes of leeks first.It took longer than it has been doing because I am on the second earlies and they are not as big as the last lot. I was only managing to get 35 leeks in a box on the last lot but it took 55 to fill a box on the new bed. The men arrived just as i finished them and it was 9.35 so we all went to turnips and trimmed 4 boxes. We had our break and then I had to go to beetroot and get 32 bunches of purple ones and 34 golden ones. We went down to wash and pack them and then Andy and I took the fleece off 2 blocks of turnips and 1 block of swedes. Its really heavy work and we were both so hot we had to take our coats off. We finished at 12.45 and the boss said i could go home. H was suprised to see me, my coffee wasnt ready. We watched the bike race then tipping point. I had a bath and washed my hair. We had a quiche for dinner with potato wedges, peas and sweet corn. Tomorrow we are having our flu jab, its right in the middle of the morning so we wont be going out on our bikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment