Thursday 8 October 2020

Thursday.

I got up at 5.42 and put on a load of washing. I had my breakfast, packed my snack for work and then sat and watched tele till 7 when I got dressed and ready to go to work. The boss gave me a list when i got there, it said 18 bunches of beetroot, 24 fo golden beetroot, 50 bunches of carrots, 54 fo purple carrots and then leeks. I did everything except the leeks before break. ( the men joined me on carrots before I finished) After our break I went to leeks but had to do 20 bunches of spring onions on the way.I had trimmed 3 boxes of leeks and the men joined me. We had to have 10 boxes. I cant tell you how hard it was at work today! Every step we took we sunk into the mud and struggled to pull our feet out. There was a deep furrow by the leeks where the boss got the tractor stuck when he was lifting them and it had filled with water. I was working away when Andy picked me up and planted me in it! There was no way I would have got out without help! A little while later he was paid back because he got both his feet stuck and fell over. But all that aside it was such hard work and I came home tired out. I sat in the conservatory when I got home and couldnt keep awake For dinner we had cod, baked potatoes and corn on the cob. It poured with rain for 4 of the 5 hours I was working and at times really throwing it down but my new coat the boss gave me actually worked and I stayed dry, happy days. I dont have to go again till Monday so its a nice long weekend, hopefully we will be able to get out on ourbikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment