Saturday 3 October 2020

Saturday

I got up at 6.50 put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I sat and read my book till H went up to the pain cave to turbo. I dressed etc and went to the garden centre. I had a wander round and bought some tulip bulbs and some Christmas cards. when I got home H had just finished his ride. I wrote out a birthday card and walked to the post office to post it. On the way back I walked to the village pond and its looking beautiful at the moment with all the greenery and ducks, the water is as clear as a bell. After that I walked to the chestnut trees because I knew the wind had brought some down and I wondered if they would be any good this year after our earlyshortage of water. Its a bit early for them to be ready but there will definatly be plenty because they were quite large even though they are still white at the moment. When I got home I got lunch, ham rolls with crisps and a cup of coffee. After lunch I made some date scones and stewed some cooking apples. We watched a cycle race in Italy, today it was the time trial. I cooked dinner, steak and mushroom pie with potatoes and sweetcorn. We had apple and yogurt for pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment