Wednesday 24 June 2020

Work Wednesday.

I got up at 5 o’clock and had a slice of toast for breakfast. I watered my pots and packed my lunch. I dressed and watched tv till it was time to go to work. By the time I got there (7.50) it was already 21 degrees! I bed to walk to the beetroot and pick 40 bunches. Andy joined me when I had almost finished and we had to pick 35 bunches of radishes. Next it was 48 bunches of carrots. It was almost break when we had finished that so Andy went back to the yard and I had to sit in the field with my sandwich so as it was so hot I went  and sat the other side of the hedge in the shade. While I was waiting for Andy to come back with the new orders I did another 48 bunches of carrots and 10 bunches of beetroot. I had done enough carrots but we needed another 10 bunches and 4 boxes of beans. When all that was done Andy went back to the yard and I spent the last hour weeding a new bed of parsnips. When I left off the boss said he would like me to work Monday, Tuesday and Thursday next week. When I left off I drove to our daughters to pick up our weekly shop. They are still well. When I got home I unpacked which didn’t take long. We had a coffee and next a glass of wine. For dinner tonight we eggs, chips, bacon and baked beans. We had strawberries and cream for dessert and a cup of tea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment