Monday 15 June 2020

Mundane life of an 81 year old

I got up at 4.55 and made a pot of tea because I couldn’t sleep. I had toast for breakfast and put on a load of washing. I packed a tomato and a slice of cheese to eat at coffee break with my bottle of water. I hung the washing out when it was done, dressed, made the bed, took some chicken out of the freezer for a curry tonight and went to work. When I arrived I was sent to the greenhouse to take the bottom leaves off the tomato plants and wind them up their strings. I was on the last row when I was told to leave them and plant lettuce. By the time we had finished the lettuce 🥬 it was time for coffee break. I want back to the glasshouse and had just finished the last plant when the boss came in and said he had suddenly got a big order so I had to walk to the radishes and pick 36 bunches. Next I went to spring onions and had just started them when Andy arrived with the tractor and trailer I had to join him and we picked 82 bunches of carrots, 45 bunches spring onions, 10 bunches of beetroot and finally a box of broad beans. The morning flew by, it was so hot we were both almost melting! When I got home H made me a coffee and I had a banana. My bosses wife gave my 6 bean plants so when I got home I planted them, got the washing in and watered the tomatoes. We watched tipping point, I had a bath and cooked dinner, chicken curry. What was really good about today ( apart from the fact that I was given my last weeks wages) is, I went to work with a back ache, not knowing if I could make it through the morning and have come home completely pain free! I can hardly believe it it feels so good. I have to go again on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment