Saturday 27 June 2020

Saturday 27th of June.

I was up at 5 too hot again to stay in bed any longer. I had porridge for breakfast with a mug of tea. I emptied the dishwasher and put everything away. We had a coffee and H went up to ride 50 miles in the heat of the pain cave. While he was upstairs I did a load of baking. I made bread dough first and while it was rising I made some ‘ black currant rocks’ they are more or less plain scones with a dip pushed in the top which I filled with black currant jam before baking. Next I ‘ knocked back’ my dough, cut it up and made bread rolls. I put them in the conservatory to prove and while that was happening I made some sultana buns. As soon as they were cooked I baked the rolls. When H finished his ride we had a coffee and a cheese and cucumber roll for lunch. When I had finished mine I went up to turbo. I just had a very steady ride because we hope to go out tomorrow and ride a slightly longer one. I did 20.4 miles av16.7 mph. It was such hot work even though I was not going fast . It was so windy outside that I was unable to have the window open very wide. When I finished I had a shower and H poured me a glass of wine. Next I cooked dinner, I made a tuna paster bake, it takes a while to make but it’s worth it because it’s so tasty and the good news is it’s so big we only eat half and we will have the rest tomorrow night which means I only have to heat it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment