Thursday 30 April 2020

Day 42

I got up at 6.55, pulled up the blind and was surprised to see the sun. H had already made the tea so I had a cup. I remarked on the weather and H asked if I wanted to go out on my bike, I said yes. When we saw the weather forecast it said it could be raining here by midday so I said I only wanted to do 25 miles. He said it wasn’t enough for him so he went upstairs and rode for an hour. I emptied the dishwasher and put everything away, hung out yesterday’s washing and then read my book till H finished his ride. As soon as he had finished we got ready and went out to do the 25 miles. It was hard work because it was so very windy. When we got home I put the bikes away and we had lunch soup, cheese and biscuits and a cup of coffee. I got my washing in ( dry) and H worked in the garage on a bike he is putting together. He has finished it so next time we go out he is going to ride it to make sure everything is working as it should. We had a roast dinner tonight, it was a chicken in a roasting bag! I have never tried one before, it was very nice. We had it with potatoes, carrots, cauliflower and gravy. The rain finally arrived at about 5 o’clock and it’s great for our garden and lawns. There were huge puddles in places on our ride this morning. This month I have done 400.66 miles on my bike, my best April ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment