Sunday 12 April 2020

Easter Day (24)

This is the first Easter in all my 81 years that I have been unable to see any of my family and give them eggs. H is here of course, but I miss the days when I used to go to communion with my Dad. Mind you, even if dad was here we wouldn’t be doing that this year. I spent most of the day in the garden. I got up at 7, put on a load of washing. I had malt loaf for breakfast with a cup of tea and then a coffee. Our coffee pods arrived yesterday. I hung the washing out, made the bed and dressed in my shorts and sun top. At 10 we had a coffee and H got his mountain bike out of the garage and altered his handle bars. It took him most of the morning. At 1 we had lunch, a cuppa soup and a toasted hot cross bun. This afternoon I sat and ate a whole Easter 🐣 egg! We had a cup of tea and I had a bath before getting dinner. We had eggs, bacon and chips with a green salad. It was nice. H says as it’s a bank holiday tomorrow we won’t go out on our bikes because the roads might be busy. I don’t think they will be because nobody can go anywhere. Our daughter and son in law went for a bike ride today and said the roads were really quiet. They had a great ride and really fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment