Tuesday 7 April 2020

Day 19. 🀯

I got up at 7.20 and put on a load of washing. As we were actually GOING OUT! On our bikes I decided to have toast for breakfast. It’s the first toast for ages and it was delicious. I fed the birds, they love their mealworms, I hung out the washing. H got the bikes out of the garage, wiped and oiled the chains and then he had to pump up all 4 tyres, it’s so long since our bikes have been used.  I made the bed and took some liver out of the freezer for dinner tonight. At 9.30 we got ready to go. It was a wonderful ride and we both enjoyed it. We did 30.84 miles,most of which was on little country lanes. All of it was on the road but with our nobbley tyres so it was hot work. It took us 2 hours and 11 minutes. H says we have to try to do it 2 hours before the year is out.! When we got home I was naughty and had another slice of toast, I was even naughtier when I poured us each a G&T and we had it with a cake 🧁! We sat in the garden in the sun for a while. All my washing got dry again. I put the bikes away , made a pot of tea and we watched tipping point, we had our baths and dinner, liver and onions in a rich gravy with leeks and potatoes. It was yummy. I have got a couple of soaps this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment