Monday 24 February 2020

Wet windy Monday morning at work.

I got up at 520, made a pot of tea and toasted my bread so I could have my breakfast. I packed my cheese and tomato for lunch plus my litre of water and then just sat and read till 7 when I went upstairs, made the bed dressed and got ready to go to work. It was horrible all day wet and windy. It was so muddy underfoot it was hard work walking 🚶‍♀️. I had to dig up and bunch 48 bunches of carrots. They are not nice, the tops are all brown and loads of the carrots have black marks on! I threw loads away but as they are so muddy you can’t always see it until they are washed. I like to take pride in my work but the boss still keeps taking orders I have to keep bunching them. When they were done the men picked me up and we all went to leeks to get just one box before we went back to the yard to was everything. After it was all done and loaded into the van we had our break. After break I had to walk back to the leeks and trim them till it was time for me to go home. Andy joined me and Andrew also came to trim some after he had delivered the orders. When I got home H made me a coffee and we watched a film he had recorded a few days ago. Then I made a pot of tea and we watched tipping point. I had a bath and cooked dinner. We had burgers with tomatoes, mushrooms, eggs, beans, leeks and chips. I don’t have to work any more till Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment