Wednesday 12 February 2020

Wednesday.

I got up at 5.40, put on a load of washing and then made a pot of tea and toasted my slice of bread. After breakfast I packed my lunch and did a few rows of my knitting 🧶.when the washing was done I dressed so I could hang it out. I made the bed and got ready to go to work. It was so cold all morning, I had frozen toes and fingers. I had to do 12 bunches of purple carrots and 72 bunches of orange ones. I had done the purple and 38 bunches of orange when Andy came up and said I had to leave the rest of the carrots and go with him to harvest 2 boxes of turnips. When they were done we had to go back to the yard to wash and pack the turnips before break. After break I had to walk back to the carrots, the boss said do another 3 dozen bunches and as many loose ones as I had time for. I had done 4 boxes of loose when Andy came for me again. (Andrew was out gardening) . We trimmed some celeriac on the way down and then washed everything including    2 boxes of parsnips. We finished packing it all at 12.55 so I took my over trousers, wellies and coat off and came home.. In last weekends gales the boss lost 8 huge panes of glass from the greenhouse they are roughly the same size as a door. First thing this morning he and Andy replaced most of them. When I got home we had a coffee and I got the washing in, dry. We watched tipping point with a nice cup of tea then I had a bath which warmed me up and I cooked dinner, chicken curry. Now I am going to watch my soaps. I have to work again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment