Thursday 27 February 2020

Thursday.

I got up at 5.30 and made a pot of tea . I toasted my bread and had my breakfast. I packed my lunch and watched tele till 7 o’clock when I dressed, made the bed and got ready to go to work. I had to go with Andy to pick 10 boxes of purple sprouting broccoli and enough turnips for 10, 6 kilo bags. Andy had to leave at 9 to check the answerphone and sort the orders. Andrew was delivering but when he came back he joined me on turnips and Andy came back just in time to help with the last box. We all went to the yard and it was 10 so we had our break. After that we washed and packed the turnips and the bosses wife went off with the next delivery. Andrew and I went to leeks next while Andy wrote all the tickets and joined us later. When we had 8 boxes it was 12.25 so we went back to the yard washed and packed them and it was time for me to go home. When I got home H made me a coffee and we both had a buttered scone. It was so delicious we both had another. I sat about all afternoon because I am worn out. We watched tipping point then I had a bath and washed my hair. It was chicken curry for dinner it was nice. H went back to his Spanish lessons this morning and says he is going once a fortnight, because I was working, he had to cycle round but he was lucky because the rain stopped ten minutes before he had to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment