Wednesday 19 February 2020

Wednesday

I got up at 5.30 and had toast and tea for breakfast. I put on a load of washing and packed my lunch. I sat and did a few rows of my knitting, dressed, made the bed and hung the washing out before going to work. The car was frozen up but H thawed it for me and I got to work early because it’s half time and with no schools open the roads are very quiet. Andy ( who is in charge while the boss is away for a month) told me to trim leeks till he came to pick me up. He joined me after a while and we went down when we had 5 boxes. We washed and packed them and had our break. After break Andy went off to deliver the leeks and I had to bunch carrots. I had done 42 bunches when A came back. He said we had to have 72 bunches. After they were done we each picked a box of purple sprouting broccoli and tried to find some beetroot but really they are finished. We went back to the yard where I laid all the carrots out so they could be washed and when the first side was done I turned them over so the other side could be done and it was my time to go home. H made me a coffee and I had a slice of corned beef and a banana. I did some more knitting and now I am sewing it up. We watched tipping point, I had a bath and cooked dinner. We had lasagna with purple sprouting broccoli and carrots. I don’t have to work again till Monday so it’s going to be a nice long break.

No comments:

Post a Comment