Wednesday 26 February 2020

Wednesday

I got up at 5.50, put on a load of washing and went straight to the kitchen to make a pot of tea and a bowl of porridge. Next I went into the lounge to get my phone 📱 which I left on the coffee table last night and found that the coffee table had exploded overnight and there was glass all over the floor! I couldn’t believe it! It was fine when I went to bed. I left it till H came down before clearing it up and when I shew him his first words were , how did you do that! I was not amused! We had a coffee and I took my nail varnish off and redid my nails. I hung the washing out after I had cleared up all the glass and fed the birds, they were all waiting for me. Today we were going to the theatre to see Blithe Spirit. It was one of our Christmas presents. It was the matinée so we left home at midday so we could have a look round and see if we would get a coffee table. First we went to the bank to transfer some money and next to Jarrolds. We couldn’t find a suitable coffee table there so we walked to John Lewis and had a look round there . We found a very plain light oak one which I think will go with the rest of our furniture and H bought it. We couldn’t take it with us because it wouldn’t fit in the boot so it’s being delivered on Tuesday. On our way out we wandered past the televisions and H bought me a new one for the kitchen! We took it back to the car and then went back to the theatre 🎭. We went up to the cafe for a coffee and then it was time to take our seats. It’s the first time I have been to the theatre and seen every seat full. It was very good and we enjoyed it. When it was over we drove to our daughter and son in law’s for tea. We were greeted at the door with a G&T and 2 happy dogs. We had a lovely meal and a nice catch up with them and our youngest granddaughter. We got back home at 8. 45 and I had a shower  was ready to watch something I wanted to see on tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment