Saturday 15 February 2020

Saturday.

I got up at 7.10 and put on a load of washing. H was up and had made the tea so he poured me a cup. He made me a coffee as soon as I had drunk the tea! I thought I would have my porridge later but in the end I didn’t have any breakfast. I sat and knitted til our son got up then I went up and dressed and hung out the washing. I scattered some mealworms for the birds and finished the front of my jumper. H did 2 hours on the turbo this morning and when he finished I heated the rest of yesterday’s stew for his lunch. Son and I had salad with cheese and bacon. This afternoon son went to the climbing centre and I went up to turbo. I did 25.2 miles. When I had done I thought I would have a bath. I pulled the light cord, the light came on but the cord fell to the floor so there was no way I could turn the light off again! I couldn’t believe it! In the downstairs loo the bulb has blown, it’s not and ordinary bulb so we have to get to a lighting shop for one. So in there we just have a candle. So one light won’t come on and one light won’t go off! After my bath I prepared the veg for dinner and opened the wine to let it breathe. We had a cup of tea and I began to knit the first sleeve. When  son got back I cooked dinner. Huge ribeye steaks from my butcher with mushrooms, cauliflower and patatas bravas. H and son have just fixed the bathroom light thank goodness so next week we will have to sort out the other one. Now I am watching midsummer murders. It’s really windy ( storm Dennis) .

No comments:

Post a Comment