Monday 17 February 2020

Monday.

I got up at 5.30 and put on a load of washing. I had toast for breakfast with a mug of tea. I packed my lunch, made the bed and got ready to go to work. When I got there the boss said he will only need me 2 days this week, today and Wednesday. He has paid me for this week already. I had to walk to leeks and trim them till Andy came for me. When he arrived I had trimmed 4 boxes. We took them to the yard, unloaded his cabbages then washed and packed  the leeks before break. After break we went together to the purple sprouting broccoli to pick 10 boxes. We did 5 each. We went back to the leeks and trimmed them till 12.30 when we had to go down so we could wash and pack them before the boss went out to buy his wife a new car. He is off to Columbia tomorrow and said he will see me in 4 weeks time. He is going back packing with his son who is already there. When I got home I made son a salad and our daughter came round to go for a ride in the pain cave . When she left son went for a run and I prepared the veg for dinner. We watched tipping point and had our baths. For dinner tonight we had gammon steaks with mushrooms, broccoli, grilled tomatoes on the vine and an egg on top, melon for dessert. Our son is returning to his place this evening and we won’t be seeing him for another month because next weekend he is off on holiday again. I am now upstairs watching my soaps. Storm Dennis wasn’t too bad at all here so we were the lucky ones, I feel sorry for all those poor people with flooded homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment