Tuesday 17 December 2019

Tuesday.

I got up at 5 o’clock and put yesterday’s washing in the tumble dryer. I had tea and toast for breakfast, packed cheese and tomato with a bottle of water for lunch. I just sat and read my book till 7 and then I dressed, made the bed and went to work. I had to do bunched carrots, the boss had lifted 4 rows on a new bed ant I had to do them. Well it was a nightmare! They were so thick with mud I couldn’t see what they looked like. I found hundreds of marked and blemished ones which I left behind. I only did 108 bunches in 2 hours which is slow for me. The trouble is the boss went up on his tractor, lifted them and drove off again, he didn’t check what what they were like. When I got back to the yard I told him I wasn’t happy with them and he said I should have gone back to the old ones! I said I hoped de would come to see me and what they were like, and he said he couldn’t be everywhere at once, but he had been sitting in the bungalow. Anyway I laid some of them out to be washed and then we all had our break while we were having it the boss washed my bunches I had laid out and they are awful! I think we will have to throw them all away!! We all went back to carrots where the men picked 11 boxes of loose carrots and I picked 132 bunches of carrots off the old bed and a box and a half of loose ones. We went down and washed everything, packed a few up and it was time for me to leave off. When I did I want to meet my sister in law to exchange Christmas gifts. I was cold and muddy so I didn’t hand about but came straight home. I had a splitting headache too. H made me a coffee and I sat and read my book. I had a slice of corned beef and a mince pie. We watched tipping point and I had a bath. I cooked dinner , we had jacket potatoes, cauliflower and carrots with smoked cod. I have to work again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment