Saturday 14 December 2019

Saturday

I got up at 6.20 and put on a load of washing. I had toast for breakfast with a cuppa. I hung the washing out when it was done and I also hung out yesterday’s. We had a coffee and H got the bikes out of the garage. He gave them a bit of a wipe down and checked the tyres etc. We had to leave home at 9.15 because we were meeting Hs Spanish teacher because she wanted to go for a bike ride. She said she hadn’t been on her bike for ages. We did 16 miles altogether but only 7 with her. Because H and I cycle such a lot we are quite fit, but we were happy to ride along slowly with her. The trouble was it was a cold morning and going so slowly I got really cold. She was boiling! We had to walk up 2 hills! I was freewheeling up some. When we left her we were able to go faster and I warmed up a bit. When we got home I made us a coffee and we had cheese straws and a mince pie for lunch. After that we put the bikes away and I did a bit of clearing up in the garden. I got the washing in, had a bath and washed my hair. I cooked dinner , chicken and leek pie with cabbage, carrots and potatoes. I forgot to say that on our way home a sparrow hawk shot across the road in front of us with a blackbird clutched in its claws. I think we took it by surprise because it almost dropped it’s prey, landed on the floor in front of us, let it slip and then both flew away. So the lucky blackbird was safe, but the poor hawk went hungry. Now I am watching the final of S C D. Soon it will be dancing on ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment