Sunday 29 December 2019

Sunday

I got up at 10 past 6 and made a bowl of porridge for breakfast. For some reason it was far too thick!! I could almost have cut it up and eaten it with a knife and fork! It was horrible. I also had a mug of tea . I just sat and read my book after that till everyone else was up then I did a bit of clearing up. We had a coffee and I made the bed. H got ready to ride his normal 100 km upstairs and I got sons and my bike out of the garage ready for us to go for a bike ride. We decided that as it’s been dry for a couple of days we would try the railway line. It was pretty good, a bit muddy in places but we enjoyed it. We did 19 and a half miles. As soon as we got home I made son a salad, H some turkey sandwiches and then sent no 1 son a message to tell him we were home because he said he was coming round. I had a turkey sandwich and made more for son and daughter in law. When they arrived I made a pot of tea we all had a chat and they were here for a while. When they left I had to cook dinner, cottage pie. I fried an onion, then added the mince and cooked it with a chopped carrot and some peas. Added the stock and then cooked some veg. The potatoes for the top. Son is off potatoes so I also cooked a cauliflower. My daughter suggested it and it worked well. I also cooked carrots and sprouts.when it was all cooked I mashed the potatoes and spread them over half, then mashed the cauliflower and spread it on the other end, covered it all in grated cheese and popped it under the grill to brown off, it was nice and son said his end of the pie was very nice. We had yogurt for pudding. Tomorrow I have to go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment