Monday 2 December 2019

Monday

I got up at 5.40, put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I packed my lunch, dressed, made the bed and got ready to go to work. I bought a new work bag  on Friday because the zip had gone on my old one so I transferred all the rubbish I take with me from the old bag to the new. Rubber gloves, paracetamol, antihistamine tablets, tissues, rubber bands etc etc.
When I got to work the boss said nobody wanted much today, so I just had to pick 20 bunches of beetroot, 24 bunches of carrots and then trim leeks. I had done 2 boxes of leeks when Andy came to pick me up. We had to go to the yard cutting 10 fennel on the way down. We washed and packed everything and loaded it into the van so the boss could deliver it. We had our coffee break and both went back to the leeks and trimmed them for the rest of the morning. I think we did another 12 boxes.  When I got home H made me a coffee. Our son had gone for a walk so I got straight on with making some soup for our lunch. The soup was nice, onion and sweet potato with a bit of celery.  This afternoon son and I played crib, I won the first game! He won the second so we had to have a tie breaker and he won!😕. When we finished I prepared the veg for dinner, made a pot of tea and cooked dinner. We had sausages, ribs, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, fried onions and potatoes. We had blackberry and apple ‘stew’ for pudding with ice cream and fresh cream. Our son is going back to London this evening so I am waiting till he’s gone before I have my shower. I have to work again on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment