Monday 23 December 2019

Monday.

I got up at 5.30, had tea and toast for breakfast, packed my lunch, put on a load of washing and a load in the tumble dryer. I sorted my work bag etc and got ready to go to work.   It was a great journey into work because there was hardly any traffic on the road. When I got there the boss said we were busy. I was pleased because the time goes so quickly then. I had to get 36 bunches of carrots and 3 boxes of leeks before the men reached me and I was on the last leek as they drove up. We went to the wash pit and washed and packed my carrots and leeks, their celeriac, swedes and parsnips then had our break. After break we packed it all put it in the 2 vans, one for the boss to the deliver and the other for his wife to do the honour ‘s. We went back to the top of the field for 3 boxes of purple beetroot, 1 box of golden beetroot and 5 boxes of swedes. We took it all back to the yard, washed and packed it and it was almost time to go home. The homeward journey was awful, so busy. First I couldn’t get out of the works gate, then I couldn’t get over the Cromer road it was so busy. It was the same at all my junctions and it took me over twice as long as usual to get home.When I got home son had gone to the City. H made me a coffee and we had some lunch. I sat and read most of the afternoon, we had a glass of wine. At 4 I made a pot of tea. I had a bath and then cooked dinner. We had gammon steaks, potato wedges, sweet potato wedges, peas, mushrooms and eggs. It was stewed blackberry and apple with cream for dessert. I don’t have to work any more till next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment