Friday 27 December 2019

Friday. (Dip day)

I got up at 7.15 after a pretty good sleep, put on a load of washing and made a pot of tea and a bowl of porridge for breakfast. When the washing was done and son was up I put it all in the tumble drier and dried it. We all had a coffee and I made the bed, took the rubbish out then I took the bin to the front ready for tomorrow. I took 3 fillet steaks out of the freezer for dinner tonight and cut the rest of the meat off the turkey carcass and froze it. As 12 o’clock we all got ready to go to Cromer. I put my swimsuit on under my clothes and we were all ready at 12.15 so off we went. After we had parked we went to Mary Janes for chips and went to sit overlooking the sea to eat them. Our daughter, son in law and youngest granddaughter plus their 2 dogs joined us. When we had finished our chips we went onto the beach and walked along for a bit till we were away from the where most of the people were and then we took our top clothes off and 3 of us ran into the sea. It was really strange, by the time we got up to our hips none of us could feel our legs! Daughter and I dipped right in up to our ears but son dived over backwards and went right under.! I am so pleased with myself, it’s something  I’ve always wanted to do  but it’s all to organised now with hundreds turning up and we didn’t want to be on tv. So we waited a day and did it on our own. We all enjoyed it and plan to do it again next year. When we got home we had a cup of tea and a glass of Christmas wine. I had a bath and washed my hair. Next I cooked dinner, fillet steaks ( which were delicious) jacket potatoes, peas and salad. My back is so much better than yesterday but not right. I am now going to watch Corrie.

No comments:

Post a Comment