Thursday 12 December 2019

Thursday.

I got up at 5.30 and had tea and toast for breakfast. I packed my lunch, dressed, made the bed and then watched tv till it was time for me to go to work. Before I had my breakfast I weighed myself and was pleased to find I had lost over a pound. Last week I was 135.4 lbs and this week I am 133.8 lbs. when I got to work I had to pick48 bunches of carrots and 16 bunches of purple ones. Luckily Andy joined me as I got to the purple ones so he forked them up for me. We were both so cold 🥶 my hands were freezing and I struggled to tie the string. Next we were supposed to pick 10 boxes of kale but when we got to it it was frozen and full of ice so we dragged the fleece off the turnips and trimmed 2 boxes of them. We went back to the kale and it had melted enough for us to shake it off. But because of that it took us longer to harvest. We went back to the yard and it was coffee time. Next  we had to pull up 3 boxes of parsnips, 6 boxes of loose carrots, 2 more bunches of carrots and 3 boxes of leeks. We just got it all done and it was my home time. When I got home I walked in and the first thing I smelled was popcorn! H had made a bowl full. He made me a coffee and we had it with the popcorn which was still warm ( and yummy). We watched tele and I slowly warmed up. We watched tipping point, I had a bath and cooked dinner. We had chicken curry. I don’t have to work again till Monday, but I will be working 4 days next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment