Tuesday 24 December 2019

Tuesday, Christmas Eve.

I got up at 6.15.! It was nice to sleep a bit longer than I usually do but I really wanted to get up earlier today because I had to go to the butchers. I put on a load of washing.I was almost ready when H got up, I told him I was just off and he insisted on going with me. So then I had to wait for him to get ready etc. Anyway when we got home he had his breakfast and made us a coffee. It had stopped raining and the sun came out so I hung out the washing. I had checked my phone and no more rain was forecast. I got my bike out of the garage ready to go for a ride with no 2 son, the sky turned a bit dark but it was very windy so I thought it would blow over. WRONG! The next minute it poured and my washing got soaked. We waited another hour and everywhere was very wet so we had our lunch before riding. H was riding upstairs. Son and I just did 15.5 miles on the road but is was so wet and muddy we were filthy when we got back. The bikes had to be hosed down! When we got back we had just missed no 1 son and his wife who had been round with our Christmas presents. We didn’t know they were coming, it’s a good job H stayed at home. I had a shower and watched a bit of tv before getting dinner. We had sausages, bacon, eggs with roast carrots,sweet potato, mushrooms, cauliflower and sprouts. We had a magnum classic for dessert and a cup of tea. I am now going to watch Eastenders.

No comments:

Post a Comment