Thursday 19 December 2019

Thursday. .

I got up at 5.30 and put on a load of washing and yesterday’s into the tumble dryer. I had my breakfast and packed my lunch, sorted my work bag, made the bed, dressed and got ready to go to work. I took Christie, James and Nova’s Christmas presents with me because I was calling in at theirs on my way home. When I got to work there was already a list laying on my chair of what I had to do.
168 bunches of carrots, 65 bunches of purple ones and 8 boxes of leeks! I got on well with the orange carrots and had done 144 bunches when the men came up to join me. I was pleased when I found out they were going to stay and help. It took ages to do the purple ones because they were all twisted and full of fangs.  We went down for our break because it was 10.25. I had to walk to the leeks after that and I had done 2 boxes when Andy joined me, Andrew was left in the yard to wash everything. When we finished the 8 boxes of leeks it was 12.30 so we had time to lift and trim 70 celeriac. When I left off the boss gave me my wage packet with my 4 days pay which is handy, that extra days pay at Christmas. Then he gave me my Christmas card and inside was £120 Christmas box. Next I went to our granddaughters where our daughter, both granddaughters and our great granddaughter were. I had a cup of tea and a cake and a cuddle with the most gorgeous baby ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐Ÿป. When I got home H made me a cup of coffee and I had a bath. We watched tipping point and I cooked dinner. We had liver, fried leeks and potatoes. I have tomorrow off but I have to work Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment