Saturday 7 December 2019

Saturday

 I got up at 5.10 and put yesterday’s washing into the tumble dryer. When H got up  stripped the bed and put on a load of washing. I had porridge for breakfast with a cup of tea. I wrote some more Christmas cards , hung out todays washing and filled my peanut feeder. We had a coffee and I got our bikes out of the garage. We got ready to go out on our bikes. We were going to ride what we call our 26 . It’s quite hilly and we were on mountain bikes with knobbly tyres so we thought we would do well if we could do it in 2 hours and when we got home it had taken us 1 hour and57 minutes.  As we were turning into the car park at the back of our house my back tyre went down! How lucky was that, we could have been miles from home and it would have been horrible changing it on the side of the road. H took my wheel out and I put the bikes away. As soon as I had washed my hands I got lunch, we had cheese and ham rolls with a cup of coffee. A banana for dessert. I got the washing in and tumbled it for a few minutes just to air it and we made the bed up again. We had a glass of wine and I had a bath and cooked dinner we had a steak and onion pie with potatoes, carrots and cauliflower. I only just finished mine in time to go up and watch strictly come dancing. I hope the weather won’t stop me from going out on my bike tomorrow. I only have to do 17 miles to get my 81 miles for the week. If it’s wet I will have to ride indoors. H mended my puncture and it’s stayed up .

No comments:

Post a Comment