Monday 16 December 2019

Monday.

I got up at 5.30 and put on a load of washing. I had tea and toast for breakfast and packed celery and cheese for my lunch. I was going to hang the washing out but it was too dark for me to see up the garden path. I made the bed, dressed etc and got ready to go to work. I had to walk to carrots first but only needed 24 bunches of orange ones and 12 bunches of purple ones. As soon as they were done I had to walk to leeks and trim them till the men came to collect me. I had trimmed 2 and a half boxes. We all went down to the yard and washed the turnips and celeriac the men had trimmed and my leeks. I laid out the bunched carrots for washing and we had our break. After that I had to walk back to leeks and trim them for the rest of the morning. The men joined me and we had done 16 boxes by home time. When I got home H made me a drink ( soup) and I had a mince pie. H had rubbish u tube on tv so I sat and read my book. We watched tipping point, I had a bath and cooked dinner. We had Cornish pasties, corn 🌽 on the cob and grilled tomatoes. Tomorrow I have to go to work again. I can’t remember the last time I worked on a Tuesday. I don’t think I will be able to ride my bike at all this week! H hung the washing out for me and I got it in at 2 o’clock. It was still very wet so I will tumble it in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment