Monday 30 December 2019

Back to work, Monday

 I got up at 5.50, put on a load of washing and had a duck egg on toast for breakfast with a cup of tea. I packed my lunch, made my bed, dressed etc, hung out the washing and got ready to go to work. H went out front while I was hanging out the washing to scrape the ice off the car and turn it round for me but when I went out he said we had a problem. There was a light on on the dash. We got the book out to see what the light meant and it would have been one of three things! He tried the easy thing first while I was ringing my boss to tell him I would be late. Anyway we struck it lucky and solved the problem. I went off straight away and arrived at work at 8.03. The boss was pleased to see me because we were very busy. He said if I couldn’t have got the car started he would have sent his wife to pick me up! I had to go straight to leeks . I trimmed 4 boxes before the men joined me and we had to have 5 for the first delivery so we all filled another and went to celeriac for 20 kgs of them. We had our break and then washed and packed parsnips, carrots 🥕 ( bunched and loose, orange and purple) leeks and celeriac. As soon as we had loaded the 2 vans so the boss and his wife could deliver them we all went back to leeks and trimmed them for the rest of the morning. When I got home H made me a coffee and I had a mince pie and a load of chocolate, nuts etc. Our son went out for a walk and when he came back he got ready and went climbing. When he got home at 6 o’clock we had dinner. It was chicken, potatoes, cabbage cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, leeks and swede with gravy. It was all very nice. I don’t have to go to work again till Thursday so tomorrow we are going on a long bike ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment