Saturday 28 December 2019

Saturday

I got up at 6.15 and put on a load of washing. I made a pot of tea but waited till H got up before having my breakfast because I wanted toast. I hung the first load of washing out and then did a second load. I hung that out too. We had a coffee and I got the bins in and H and I got our bikes out of the garage. At 9.30 we got ready to go out on our bikes with our daughter and son in law. We met them at 10. We did a road ride.25. 22 miles. It was very enjoyable. My bike suddenly seized up with about 8 miles to go.we struggled to see what the problem was but it turned out to be a little “ pin” that links your chain together. It was coming out and catching on my pedal. H, who is brilliant had a link remover in his backpack and a spare link so he was able to repair it! When we got home we had cheese and biscuits for lunch (son was out climbing) with some Christmas chutney. I got my washing in but it was still quite damp, there wasn’t much dry out. Son had a salad when he came home and I made a turkey stew for dinner. I had 2 tangerine’s and an apple for my pudding. H poured me a glass of wine. I will be glad when all the Christmas stuff has gone and I can get back on my diet. My will power is nil! Son says he and I are going to try Marriotts Way tomorrow as we have had a couple of days with no rain it might have dried out a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment