Thursday 5 December 2019

Thursday.

I got up at5.50 and had my breakfast. I packed my lunch, dressed, made the bed and went to work. Our car wasn’t frozen up at all but when I got to work ( 7 miles away) everything was frosty. The puddles were iced over and the grass was white. I had to pick 12 bunches of orange carrots and 32 bunches of purple carrots. Andy joined me after he had cut a few cabbages. Next we had to harvest 6 boxes of loose carrots and 6 boxes of parsnips. By the time we had done that it was five past ten so we had our break. When we had done we had to wash all the bunched and loose carrots and the parsnips. After that we went to leeks where we had to trim 8 boxes which we thought we would struggle to get but when we had done it was only 12.35 so we checked Andy list for the afternoon and it said 49 celeriac so we went there, dug them out and trimmed them. I love the smell of them. We went back to the yard and I went to the shed where I took off my wellies, plastic trousers and coat and the boss gave me my wages and I went  home. When I got home H made me a coffee and we had a slice of fruit loaf. I had a nice soak in the bath which warmed me up. For dinner tonight we had potato wedges, cauliflower, peas and cheese and onion pasties. It was just yogurt for pudding. Work on Monday again for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment