Monday 11 November 2019

Wet Monday.

I got up at 5.30 and put on a load of washing. I made a pot of tea and had toast and marmite for breakfast. I dressed, packed my lunch, made my bed and read my book till it was time for me to go to work. It was a horrible morning and rained most of the time I was there and it was quite cold with it. I had to pick 40 bunches of beetroot, 36 bunches of carrots and 12 bunches of purple ones, then I joined the men who were trimming leeks. They had already done Kale, celeriac and fennel. We had to have 3 boxes of leeks and then go to the yard to wash and pack everything. We had our break and Andrew went off to do a gardening job and Andy and I went back to leeks and trimmed them till 12.30 when we went to the yard again and washed them all. I bagged  some up till it was my home time.  When I got home H made me a coffee and I had my usual corned beef but I felt really hungry so I had a bowl of cornflakes. I think it was because I had been cold and wet for 5 hours. I sat and read all afternoon but I was so tired I kept falling asleep and dropping my book. We watched tipping point, I had a bath and cooked dinner. We had giant baked potatoes, baked beans and fish cakes. I also roasted some chestnuts and we had them as well. I am not working tomorrow but I don’t think the weather is going to be good enough for us to go out on our bikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment