Thursday 14 November 2019

Horrible Thursday

 I got up at 5.45 and had my breakfast. I packed my tomato, cheese and bottle of water, dressed and made my bed. I sat and read a chapter of my book until it was time for me to go to work. It was raining when I left home at 7.25 and it was still raining at 1.22 when I got home. It didn’t stop once and I was wet through to my skin and cold too. First I had to walk to the beetroot and pick 18 bunches of golden beetroot. Then 45 bunches of purple ones, the tops are all rotting off and they are hard to bunch. After that I walked to carrots and picked 48 bunches of orange ones and then Andy joined me and we did 14 bunches of purple ones. We took everything down to the yard and had our break. After break I had to walk to leeks and trim them and that’s when the real trouble started! It was so muddy I just can’t describe it. Every time I put my foot down it sunk in halfway up my wellie boot. Andy joined me and as he is about two and a half stone heavier than me he was sinking in even deeper. Then when he carried the full boxes out, the added weight made it almost impossible. I lost count of the times he fell over! It made it seem a very long morning. As soon as I got home I took all my wet clothes off and wrapped myself in my cosy dressing gown in front of the fire with my hands wrapped round a cup of coffee. We had cheese on toast for lunch because I was feeling so hungry. I didn’t move off the sofa all afternoon till after tipping point when I had a bath and cooked dinner. We had pork sausages, chorizo, mushrooms, tomatoes, patas bravas, fried onions and eggs. H had yogurt for pudding and I had an apple, a banana, an orange and a few grapes. Tonight there is nothing only football on itv so I will be reading my book.
I don’t have to work any more till Monday thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment