Sunday 24 November 2019

Sunday.

I got up at 5.15 because I have such a pain in my back I couldn’t sleep. I sat and read my book till H got up then we had our breakfast, porridge and tea. I had put on a load of washing and when it was light I hung it out. We had a coffee and I emptied the dishwasher and put everything away. H got our bikes out of the garage and made a loaf of bread. Also while he was out the front he washed the car. As 10 we got ready to go out on our bikes. H said we would try the track but if it was too wet we go onto the road and ride there. The track was surprisingly good so we stayed on it. It was nice to ride off road again, we haven’t been able to for a while. We got as far as Whitwell station but could go no further, the bridge was closed and is for the next 5 weeks. We went down some steps to the road and did a bit of a detour and then back onto the track and home. After about half an hour into our ride the weather deteriorated and, first a mist came down, became thicker and ended up as a drizzle. We did just over 19 miles which was enough to make my weeks miles up to just over 80. I got my washing in as soon as we were home and it was about the same as when I put it out. I put our bikes away and We had a coffee and a bagel with cheese for lunch also a mince pie. My back is so painful! It hasn’t been as bad as this bad for ages. I had a soak in the bath and laid on the sofa all afternoon. For dinner tonight we had baked potatoes, fish cakes, mushy peas, cauliflower and carrots. We had a cup of tea and now I am upstairs watching S C D results and trying to get comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment