Wednesday 13 November 2019

Wednesday.

I got up at 5.35 and put on a load of washing. I had toast and marmite with a mug of tea for breakfast.  I dressed, packed my lunch, made the bed and just had time to hang out the washing before I left for work. I had to walk to the carrots and do 12 bunches of purple carrots first. I had to fork them all up. They were all forked and twisted so I had to dig loads before I had enough. Next it was orange carrots 🥕 and they were nice to bunch. I did 120 bunches of them by the time Andy came to pick me up. When we got to the yard we washed the turnips and parsnips that he had done and it was time for our break. After that I walked to the beetroot and picked 33 bunches. The leaves are going off fast so it’s a job to bunch them, they keep falling off! From there I walked to the leeks, I saw a beautiful deer 🦌. I startled it as I turned the corner of of some trees and it bounded off. I also saw a heron  and loads of pheasants and partridges. Andy joined me on leeks and we trimmed them till it was my home time. When I got home H made me a coffee and I got the washing in, dry! It was so nice to have a dry day at work. However I think I will be working in the wet again tomorrow. We had chicken curry for dinner tonight, H had a yogurt for his pudding but I had a banana and an apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment