Thursday 28 November 2019

Thursday.

I got up at 5.35 and put all yesterday’s washing into the tumble dryer. I made a pot of tea and had toast for breakfast. H got up at 6.20and had porridge. I packed some cheese and tomatoes with my bottle of water, dressed, made the bed and went to work. It was raining again! I had to do 22 bunches of beetroot, 30 bunches of carrots and 18 bunches of purple carrots. Next I trimmed leeks till the men picked me up so we could wash everything. We had our break and Andrew went off gardening and Andy and I packed 10 bags of turnips and he asked me where the golden beetroot were. Oops! I had forgotten to pick them! We had to go back past them on our way for more leeks so we stopped and picked 8 bunches. We trimmed 7 boxes of leeks, lifted 4 boxes of parsnips and harvested 12 fennel. It was time for me to go home. H made me a cup of soup for a change from coffee and I had a slice of corned beef. I had forgotten to get anything out of the freezer for dinner so we had sausages because I had 4 in the fridge. We had them with potatoes, cauliflower, carrots and garlic bread. I had a bath and washed my hair, after dinner I varnished my nails ready for Black Friday and got my Christmas jumper and trousers out of the wardrobe all ready for a quick getaway if I oversleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment